- This event has passed.
Business Ethics & Compliance in Asia
17 November 2018 - 18 November 2018
On 17 and 18 November 2018, CPG and the Viadrina Compliance Center, in cooperation with the Alliance for Integrity and with support from the Hanns Seidel Foundation, will host the international conference “Business Ethics & Compliance in Asia” at Swissotel Bangkok Ratchada.
As companies across Asia are expected to conduct their businesses in compliance with applicable rules, standards and norms, practical compliance implementation varies significantly due to disparate legal exigencies and unequal enforcement activities. The risks from non-compliance differ substantially, affecting business judgments and consultancy practice.
The conference brings together practitioners and academics from Southeast, East and South Asia to examine current developments, key differences and trends in Asian compliance practice. In country reports from China (PRC), Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea (ROK), Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan (ROC) and Vietnam, the speakers will address recent developments in core compliance fields such as anti-bribery and corruption, money-laundering and financial compliance, pharmaceutical compliance, labor and environmental compliance.
With effective compliance becoming a significant source of trust in Asian business relations, the conference also touches upon the existence and adoption of national and international compliance standards and related certification procedures.
- Shweta Bharti, Senior Partner, Hammurabi & Solomon, New Delhi, India
- Timothy Breier, Partner, Baker McKenzie, Bangkok, Thailand
- Henry (Litong) Chen, Senior Partner, Dentons, Shanghai, China
- Prof. Dr. Nobuyuki Chikudate, Department of Management Studies, Hiroshima University, Japan
- Cahyani Endahayu, Partner, Hadiputranto, Hadinoto & Partners, Jakarta, Indonesia
- John Frangos, Consultant, Tilleke & Gibbins, Bangkok, Thailand
- Asma Hamid, Partner, RIAA Barker Gillette, Karachi, Pakistan
- Sean Hayes, Attorney, IPG Legal, Seoul, Korea
- Pamela Kiesselbach, Senior Consultant, Herbert Smith Freehills LLP, Hong Kong
- Prof. Dr. Bartosz Makovicz, Director, Viadrina Compliance Center, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Germany
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Robert McClelland, Head of Department of Management, School of Business & Management, RMIT University Saigon South, Vietnam
- Assist. Prof. Dr. Roman Meinhold, Mahidol University International College (MUIC), Bangkok, Thailand
- Michelle Wong Min Er, Partner, Shearn Delamore & Co., Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Ou Yang Hung, Managing Attorney, Brain Trust International Law Firm, Taipei, Taiwan (R.O.C)
- Vincent P. Yambao, Senior Compliance Manager (Southeast Asia, South Korea), Boehringer Ingelheim, Singapore
- Ben Dominic R. Yap, Managing Partner, Gatmaytan Yap Patacsil Gutierrez & Protacio (C&G Law), Makati City, Philippines
The event is free of charge and open to the public.
For more information, please contact us via email@example.com (Khun Venus).